Residential Landscaping in Lee’s Summit
If you have googled “residential landscaping near me” then you know there are a number of options in Lee’s Summit, MO. Expand your search to “near Kansas City” and you’ll find more search results than you can shake a rake at! But not all landscaping companies are created equal. Let’s dive into why choosing a landscape designer from your specific neck of the woods is your best bet.
What is landscaping?
“Landscaping” tends to be used interchangeably to suggest yard work, gardening, landscape design, and landscape architecture – but they are not apples to apples. Stated simply:
Yard work is basic maintenance performed by a property owner – or, perhaps better yet, an enthusiastic teenager in your neighborhood!
Gardening encompasses small-scale, trial-and-error projects completed by a passionate hobbyist.
Landscape design is conducted by horticultural professionals who take a holistic approach to property vitality, utility, and visual appeal. (Evolving Landscapes is a landscape design company.)
Landscape architecture requires collaboration between engineers and horticultural professionals and is typically performed on commercial property.
What are some popular services for landscaping?
Established in 2004, we’ve been designing, executing, and maintaining gorgeous and functional outdoor spaces in Missouri for nearly 20 years. Our popular residential landscaping services include:
- Landscape design and installation
- Property analysis
- Individualized plan
- Custom-created design
- Professional installation
- Guaranteed results
- Retaining walls and hardscapes
- Retaining walls
- Pavers and flagstone
- Outdoor kitchen elements
- Landscape maintenance
- Spring and Fall cleanup
- Pruning bushes
- Hedge trimming
- Leaf removal
How to choose the best landscaper for you.
At Evolving Landscapes, we’re excellent at what we do – but the fact is, we’re not the only folks in the Kansas City area to offer our services. So, how do you know which company to choose? Our advice is to do your due diligence.
There are a lot of fly-by-night landscaping companies out there. Spend time on a company’s website to get a sense of their work, including photos of finished projects, and their qualifications. You want a horticulturalist on your side.
We all know that disgruntled customers are quick to write reviews and that positive reviews are not only hard-won but also only come from very happy customers. Consistently good reviews are a great sign.
What are people saying about landscaping services in Lee’s Summit? We’re so glad you asked! Here are a few of the many comments that have earned us 4.9 stars on Google Reviews!
- Evolving landscape came highly recommended to us and they did not disappoint. Kris and his team were here in 100-degree heat and took their time getting the job done to perfection. It turned out beautiful and we are getting lots of compliments on their fine work … I would hire them again … Thank you Kris and crew for your professional and quality workmanship.
- We are so impressed with Evolving Landscapes!! I spoke to Kris about this awful slope we had in our backyard that we just needed a safe solution for. He suggested stone steps and quoted us a great price and had the work done so fast. The whole experience from start to finish was flawless … we will definitely be using them again for more projects!
- After a couple of bids, I hired Evolving Landscapes to come out and work on a courtyard area that included extensive cleanout of an overgrown mess along with concrete and tree removal and drainage and arbor installation … The completed project turned out beautifully, was completed on time and within a very reasonable price. Because the initial project went so well, we brought Evolving Landscapes back to do a larger-scale project in our backyard around to the front of the yard. This included landscape design and installation, the building of a small pergola … and a drip irrigation system. The team did a fantastic job. I have a couple of smaller projects remaining that I will bring them back for again in addition to ongoing maintenance. Bottom line, I have hired many contractors over the years and Kris and his team at Evolving Landscapes are some of the most professional I have worked with. I recommend them without hesitation!
If you like the look of a company, give them a call! Your landscape designer will potentially be making big and very personal changes to your property. You need to engage someone you vibe with and can trust. Can’t get someone to call you back in a timely manner? That’s a major red flag. If you do talk with someone, be sure to ask these questions:
- What services do you offer?
- What are your credentials and experience?
- Do you have a portfolio of completed work?
- Do you offer free property consultations?
- When can my project begin, and how long might it take?
- Can I break my project into phases?
- What can I do to prepare for the project?
- Will you be on-site?
- Will you need to enter my home?
The Evolving Landscapes Difference
At Evolving Landscapes, customer service and satisfaction are our top priorities.
As our reviews showcase, our owner and chief horticulturist, Kris Carrell, personally evaluates every landscape and then custom-creates the landscape design in partnership with each client. We know it can be hard to picture what we see, so as part of our complimentary landscape design service, we show you photo-realistic renderings of your home after installation.
Once you’re thrilled with our design, Kris will be on-site throughout your installation, working alongside our top-notch team members – many of whom have been with us for years. Any hardscapes we design and implement are installed by professionals certified by the National Concrete and Masonry Association.
We understand that your vision for your landscape may be grander than your current budget allows. Working one-on-one with a professional landscape designer allows you to break up big ideas into small jobs. Want to tackle your front yard now and plan to execute your backyard plan closer to Summer? No problem.
Ready to increase your property value, elevate your neighborhood, and support our local economy by choosing a residential landscaping team that checks your every box? Get in touch and we’ll schedule your free consultation. We can’t wait to work together!